Friday, June 12, 2009

Family Night at VBS

Tonight was the last night of VBS. Even though Cynthia had a lot of fun I'm glad it's over. (The drive out there really blow our budget this month for gas.) They put on a little show where the kids sang and danced (or whatever you call it). It was really cute! She did pretty good I thought. She had a lot of fun.

Afterwards there was food and games. But Mother Nature had something else in mind. When most of the people were done eating-it started to rain. So we all went back inside for a little while. The kids played and sang waiting for the rain to stop. THEN there were tornado warning or watches (whichever is worse-I always forget). She the bounce house and games were cancelled. She was so disappointed.

Now by this time Meagan was really getting to be a handful. I was going to leave with her and let Scott and Cynthia get a ride home with my mom. That didn't happen either. My mom decided to go ahead and go. Then we were about to leave and they (the church people) said there had been a tornado spotted not too far away. YAY FOR US! So we stayed. And waited. And waited. And waited. Hail came. Didn't lose power though, that was good. I was glad we were inside, but I really wanted to get home and check on Gabriel. I had put him out before we left. I didn't know it was going to storm again. Poor baby!

Anyway, we finally got to go home. Stopped and got the girls something to eat in case our power was off again (it wasn't). Pulled the car in the garage (so if the tree falls it won't hit the car). We all ate and they are all in bed now. I can't sleep of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment