Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 3 at VBS

She had so much fun! I'm really glad she's having fun. She is having some trouble paying attention and listening and sitting still. Same at home. I think that's pretty normal for a 4 year old. I think they may be expecting a little too much from the little kids. They have 4yoolds to 6th grade all in the same class! They are supposed to learn a Bible verse. Okay. But in one day?! It's the same one that the big kids are supposed to learn. I think that is a little much for her age group. So we (Scott & I) will give her rewards for trying. (They get prizes for memorizing verse). If she really tries to learn it she gets something special. Not a toy or candy necessarily but something she doesn't normally do. For example she tried really hard to learn her verse and behave last night so if the weather clears up she gets to go swimming today. (maybe tomorrow-just heard more thunder) And I bought doughnuts. But that's cuz I wanted them not just for doing good at VBS.

The weather was crazy last night. Big storms. Lost power a couple of times for several hours. We have white noise machines in all the bedrooms. We use them to sleep. Meagan can sleep through almost anything! They other day the power went out and her fan and sound machine were off. She didn't stir! Then last night I put her down with just her mobile music and no fan or sound machine. She went to sleep just fine! When the power came back on, I went in there to turn her stuff on and she didn't still! Glad she sleeps so well.

Also, Cynthia has decided she needs to carry a purse-just like Mommy! :D For those of you who don't know Cynthia is a HUGE daddy's girl so when she does stuff like that it is really special. She also wants a new camera so she can have one like Mommy's. I told her when she gets older maybe we could get her a new one even if it's not exactly like Mommy's. She has a Fisher-Price Kid tough camera and I have a Nikon. Not really a comparison. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment